Who We Are
Established March 1995, Affinity has collaborated with industrial and commercial entities, public sectors, non-profit organizations, and educational institutions over the past 20+ years. Through the application of the most current information and technology, Affinity can perform a range of EHS consulting services related to air, waste, water, and health and safety. Affinity can create an EHS management program specifically tailored to each client.
Our Mission is to educate and equip our clients with sustainable solutions that add value to the economy, society, and environment.
Our Shared Vision
We strive in every personal and professional contact to influence and enhance a deeper understanding of what it means to protect and preserve the environment and the health and safety of the people within it.
Affinity is more than just another company; it is an idea – an idea of what companies should stand for and how they should operate. It is based on the concept that it is much more difficult to be relevant than it is to be successful – that relevancy supplants success on the path to opportunity.
- QEP (Qualified Environmental Professional)
- CHMM (Certified Hazardous Material Manager)
- LEED AP (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional)
- GHG-V (Certified Greenhouse Gas Verifier)
- EPI (Environmental Professional Intern)
- EIT (Engineer in Training)
- Certified Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) – 30 CFR Part 46
Meet the Team
Contact Nick Zingale
- Post-Doctorate Senior Executive Fellow – Harvard University
- Ph.D. University of Akron in Public Administration
- MBA Baldwin Wallace College
- Bachelor of Science Environmental Health, Bowling Green State University
- Associate Professor and Director, Master of Public Administration at Cleveland State University’s Maxine-Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs
- Co-Director of the Institute of Applied Phenomenology for Science and Technology
Dr. Zingale is the founder of Affinity Consultants, Inc. and has over 25 years of experience in environmental, safety and sustainability management. He has consulted with companies in the public, private and non-profit sectors. He holds an international certification as a Qualified Environmental Professional and is a nationally Certified Hazardous Material Manager. Dr. Zingale is experienced in environmental management systems and has successfully completed the ANSI/RAB lead auditor training program. He is also an Associate Professor and Director of the Master’s degree in Public Administration at Cleveland State University’s Maxine-Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs and the Co-Director of the Institute of Applied Phenomenology for Science and Technology, a not-for-profit think tank and research institution. Dr. Zingale has published over 60 technical and journal articles relating to environmental planning, sustainability, compliance, and strategic environmental management and is currently working on a book that explores workplace practices conducive to emergent knowledge for decision-making and action at NASA. Dr. Zingale is a Senior Executive Fellow at Harvard University and holds a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Environmental Health from Bowling Green State University, an MBA from Baldwin Wallace College, and a Ph.D. from the University of Akron in Public Administration with a specialization in environmental policy and administration.
Keith A. Gaydosh, EPI, EIT
Contact Keith Gaydosh
- Greenhouse Gas Verifier (GHG-V) Certification (2009-2017)
- Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer for General Industry
- Chemical-terrorism Vulnerability Information (CVI) Authorized User
- Former Chair, Northern Ohio Chapter of Air and Waste Management Association
ISO Climate Change Committee Member, Green House Management
- Editorial Advisory Committee, EM Magazine
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with Environmental concentration from the University of Cincinnati
Keith has worked with manufacturing and private sector clients for over 15 years implementing effective environmental, health and safety programs. He works with Affinity’s industrial clients auditing and implementing sustainability programs, ISO 14001 environmental management systems, conducting greenhouse gas inventories, and helping clients navigate complex EPA compliance issues. Keith is currently a member of an international committee reviewing and commenting on the proposed ISO 14064 standards for greenhouse gas safety programs, conducts safety trainings including OSHA 10-hour and30-hour for general industry, and 40-hour HAZWOPER. Keith is experienced in EPA permitting and regulatory compliance.
Jessica M. Licata, QEP
Contact Jessica Licata
- Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies with a minor in Engineering Technology, Summa Cum Laude, from Youngstown State University.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certified
Jessica has worked with manufacturing and private sector clients for over 10 years implementing effective environmental health and safety programs. She specializes in environmental and safety regulatory compliance and reporting. She has conducted trainings for various OSHA-related safety programs as well as environmental compliance trainings. Jessica has also worked with institutions implementing sustainability programs.
Contact Haley Ellis
- Associate’s degree, with Distinction, in Applied Science with Environmental, Health and Safety concentration from Stark State College.
- OSHA- 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certified.
- Performed wastewater compliance sampling for a variety of clients and assisted in confined space entry.
- Operated wastewater pre-treatment system at Alcoa’s Cleveland Works facility with duties including calibration of equipment, system management and training of new personnel.
- 11 years of prior management experience.
Assistant Project Manager
Contact Nolan Petty
- Associates Degree, with Distinction in Applied Science with Environmental, Health & Safety concentration from Stark State College
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER certified
- 8 years of previous EHS management experience
- Compliance and auditing with the Ohio Department of Health
- EHS and Occupational implementation, training, and auditing to ensure compliance
Emily A. Gareis
Project Management Administrative Assistant
Contact Emily Gareis